A Summary of Dancing at Pennsic 19
... as remembered by Mistresss Rosina:
Believe dance was run by a committee. (I've heard that Master Tsvetan ran
it for a few years previously, but he had just died.)
Ball = Thurs, Aug 16, 10 PM, after EK court. There was a power failure,
and ball slow to get started. Power came on about half way through. There
were about 20 dances done.
Classes ran from Mon Aug 13 to Sat Aug 18, total of 149 listed, located
mostly in three class tents/areas, the bathhouse, and two areas in the
barn, No teacher's names.
Weds the newspaper carried an article on dancing at Pennsic, which
occurred every night in the barn. It reported that the previous night
there had been a practice session for the masked ball, with an 8 piece
band (I can list the names if wish - included Tibicen). They were doing
ECD, being taught by Lilias A'srath, Justin du Coeur, Elspeth Starwatcher
and Nial McKennett. Also mentioned were Bjorn Skeggjason and Paul (I
believe it was Paul the Simple) who I think taught in the evening that
- Mon Aug 13, 10-12 = Traditional Irish Dance
- Mon, 5-7 = ECD (Listed as Italian Ren Dance in booklet, but changed)
- Mon, 7-8 = Dance Masters/Mistresses Organizational Meeting for the Ball
- Wed 4-6 = 16th Century Dance - teacher was Nial
- Thu 4-6 = Dance Masters Exchange Workshop (bring copy of favorite dance) -
I believe this was also run by Nial. There was something about it in the
Letter of Dance, in advance.
- Fri 12-2 = Traditional Irish Dance
- (Also 1 two-hour Middle Eastern Dance class)
Return to the Pennsic Dance Homepage.
Blount of Isenfir (Greg Lindahl)