Everything you ever wanted to know about
The Pennsic 48 School of (European) Dance
and then some.
Come one, come all, and join with your friends to once again dance the
days and nights away at the Pennsic War! We have many classes to sharpen
your skills, and many balls to show them off at! Make new friends, learn
a new dance or twelve, and most of all, have fun!
The Dean of Pennsic 48 Dance will be Master Gregory Blount.
- Drop Dead: Countess Judith of Northumbria
- Floor and Trailer: Domingo Alcaçar and Lord Richard de Troyes
- Schedule Coordinator: Lord Wilhelm of Northpass
- Music Coordinator: Master Albrecht Catsprey
- Daily Pavilion Coordinators: Lord Hamish McPhersone and ??? (perhaps you?)
- Publicity Coordinator: Lady Lorita de Sienna
- Ministers of Mischief & Merriment: Lady Sarah le Payller and Lord Ari Thorbrandsson
- Web Minister: the aforesaid Gregory Blount
The list of dance classes for Pennsic 48 is now available!
The full class list is available on Thing.
The deadline for submitting classes was May 1st, but there are a few open slots
still left, or you can contact Gregory to volunteer as a substitute teacher.
Revels and Socials
- Thursday, Aug 1, 4-7pm: Italian Picnic
- Friday, Aug 2, 9pm: English Revel, hosted by THL Henry of Maldon
- Saturday, Aug 3, 9pm: Early Bird Ball, hosted by Baroness Gwenllyen the Minstrel and THL Siri Toivosdotter
- Sunday, Aug 4, 9pm: Beginner Ball, hosted by Gregory
- Monday, Aug 5, 9pm: Choral Ball, hosted by THL Siri Toivosdotter and Master James Blackcloak
- Tuesday, Aug 6, 9pm: Feast of the Phoenix, hosted by Countess Judith
- Tuesday, Aug 6, 9pm: Clan Blue Feather Ball & Fashion Cotillion, Great Hall
- Wednesday, Aug 7, 3-5pm: Dancing at Casa Bardicci, hosted by Countess Judith
- Thursday, Aug 8, 9pm: Reduction Ball, hosted by THL Sonya Flicker
Musicians and Music
Greetings to all those inspired to play music for dancing! There are many
opportunities to play music for dancers at Pennsic.
Musicians are needed
and welcome to play most nights at the European Dance Tent in Pennsic
During the day, many dance class teachers also welcome
musicians to play for their classes. Music is provided. All skill levels of
musicians and all acoustic instruments (period or modern) are welcome. Stop
by the European Dance Tent for more information, including a schedule of
activities that welcome dance musicians!
The 2019 Pennsic Pile, updated and much larger than last year's,
is now available.
For those of you unfortunate enough to only read C Clef, there's also a
special C Clef Edition.
There's also a document with
advice for Pennsic European dance musicians.
Updated information will appear on this webpage, on our
or you can email the Dean
to request email updates.
Check out the archive of previous Pennsic dance info.
Check out the archive of documents related to Dance
at Pennsic. Not ISO-9001 compliant, but close enough for the SCA.
Webbed by Gregory Blount of Isenfir (Greg Lindahl)